Diwali is the festival of lights, celebrated all over the country with great enthusiasm. This festival is enjoyed with pooja of goddess Laxmi, lighting, rangolis, firecrackers, house decoration. While enjoying do not forget to get care of your eyes. Eyes are the second most affected area after hand and finger injuries. Enjoy Safe Diwali
Here are few eye care tips to keep you and your family safe this Diwali:
• Stay far while lighting “Anaars”, as they tend to explode.
• If you are lighting diyas in your house, make sure they are properly placed, and they are not kept nearby any inflammable objects.
• While making rangolis, make sure you wash your hands before touching your eyes.
• Don’t burn crackers inside the house.
• Keep your hands and face safe while lighting crackers.
• Use protective goggles while lighting crackers which will take care of your eyes.
• In the case of eye injury due to crackers, immediately contact your eye specialist.
• Never hold lit crackers in your hands.
• Avoid burning multiple firecrackers at the same time.
• Educate the child regarding the dangers of firecrackers.
• Avoid lighting firecrackers in tins or containers.
• Defuse used fireworks properly by soaking them in a bucket full of water before the disposal.
• Children should never be left unsupervised while lighting the crackers.
• Avoid wearing loose hanging and synthetic clothes.
• For the contact lens user, it’s advised to avoid contact lens as it may cause irritation to the eyes due to the exposure to high heat for a long time.
• In the case of any eye injury do not apply any local ointment, do not rub the eyes, it may worsen the injury. Immediately consult an eye specialist.
About Advanced Eye Hospital and Institute:
Advanced Eye Hospital and Institute in Navi Mumbai is one of the best eye hospitals in Mumbai for comprehensive eye check-up and the operation theatres here are state-of-the-art and equipped with the best diagnostic and surgery machines. Personalised care, infection-free modular operation theatres and beautiful ambience complement the cutting-edge eye care offered at AEHI. Besides treating patients from Kharghar, Nerul, Vashi and Panvel, patients from all over western India travel to AEHI for world class eye care management.