Dr. Susha Sugathan Consultant Pediatric Ophthalmology, Neuro Ophthalmology and Squint services
Neuro-Ophthalmologist, Pediatric Ophthalmologist & Squint Surgeon
Dr. Susha Sugathan, MBBS, DO, DNB, FPOS (LVPEI), FNO (AEH), is a Neuro-Ophthalmologist, Pediatric Ophthalmologist & Squint Surgeon at Advanced Eye Hospital and Institute, at Sanpada near Vashi station. She has more than 7 years of experience in the field of Neuro-Ophthalmology, Pediatric Ophthalmology & Squint Surgery.
Research Papers Published
- Gave seminar in 2007 on nutrition.
- Presented poster on eye donation in Avishkar 2011.
- Presented paper on Computer Vision Syndrome in Moscon 2010.
- Presented poster on Benign Round Cell Tumor of Conjuctiva in Moscon 2011.
- Applied for best video in AIOS 2013 students section titled “Modified Pengkhaw Technique in Paediatric Pseudophakic Glaucoma”.
- Co-Author for the paper “Study Of Post Surgery Residual Squint In Adjustable Versus Non-Adjustable Squint Surgery” (Author: Dr. Prachi Pawar).
- E-poster on Chronic Choroidal Folds in case of Traumatic Hypotony titled “Low Pressure! High Pressure!”, presented in Moscon 2017.
- Paper on “Outcomes of various surgical approaches in large angle infantile esotropias at L V Prasad Eye Institute, Hyderabad” (Dr. Ramesh Kekunnaya).
- Case report on “Pseudomonas infection following frontalis sling surgery with silicon rod” (Co-Author: Dr. Mihir Kothari).
- Case report on “Acute onset comitant esotropia as the initial manifestation of Arnold-Chiari Type-1 malformation in children” (Aravind Eye Hospital).
- Paper on “Risk factors for cortical venous thrombosis induced blindness in young adult males”, at Aravind Eye Hospital, Madurai (Co-Author: Dr. Maheshkumar).
Present and Past Affiliations
- Advanced eye hospital and Institute, (AEHI) Sanpada
- Consultant: Swaraashi Netralaya, Mulund / Thane.
- Consultant: Isha Netralaya, Kalyan.
- Assistant / Observer: Aditya Jyot Eye Hospital And Jyotirmay Eye Clinic, Thane.
- Observer: Sai Eye Clinic, Powai.
- Emergency Medical Officer: P.D. Hinduja Hospital, Mahim.
- Observer: Hira Mongi Hospital, Mulund
Education and Training
- Completed MBBS from JMF’s ACPM Medical College, Dhule in February, 2009 (under Maharashtra University of Health Sciences).
- Completed Diploma in Ophthalmology from Vasantrao Pawar Medical College, Nasik in June, 2012 (under Maharashtra University of Health Sciences).
- Completed secondary DNB (Ophthalmology) from Aditya Jyot Eye Hospital, Wadala in August, 2014 (under National Board of Examinations).
- Completed Fellowship in Paediatric Ophthalmology, Squint & Neuro-Ophthalmology from L V Prasad Eye Institute, Hyderabad in June, 2015.
- Completed Phacoemulsification And Manual Small Incision Cataract Surgery training at Aravind Eye Hospital, Madurai.
- Completed Fellowship in Neuro-Ophthalmology from Aravind Eye Hospital, Madurai under Dr. Maheshkumar in October, 2016.
- Completed the Basic Life Supports course certified by American Health Association in 2009.
- Completed the Advanced Cardiac Life Supports course certified by American Health Association in 2009.
- Cleared International Council of Ophthalmology – Basic Sciences in 2014 and Clinical Optics in 2014.