When: 18 October, 2014 - 21 October, 2014
Venue: Chicago, Illinois, USA
Telephone: 022 67313636
Dr Akshay Nair, Oculoplastic Surgeon and Ocular Oncologist from Advanced Eye Hospital in Navi Mumbai, attended the biggest meet in Ophthalmology - the prestigious American Academy of Opthalmology's Annual meet.
Dr Akshay Nair presented the following posters on various research topics in Eye Cancers and Oculoplasty:
1. The Effect of Human Deficiency Virus Status on Ocular Surface Squamous Neoplasia: A Case-Control Study
2. Retinoblastoma in Adults: A Study of 6 Cases
3. Use of QuantiFERON-TB Gold to Establish a Tubercular Etiology in Serpiginous-Like Choroiditis
4. Should we Perform Levator Resection in Congenital Ptosis Patients with Poor Levator Function
5. Hemifacial Spasms: Epidemiological Aspects and Management Outcome over a Decade
Dr Akshay Nair presented a video at the Learning lounge alongside Dr Don Kikkawa, President of American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery on the following topic:
Sclerotherapy for Orbital / Periorbital Dermoid Cyst : A Novel Treatment
Dr Akshay Nair hobnobbed with some of the best Eye Cancer Specialists and best Oculoplastic Surgeons in the world, including Dr Carol Shields, an authority in Ocular Oncology and Dr Sohan Singh Hayreh, the grandfather of optic neuropathy and vascular perfusion.